The mines used by the factory are located 5 to 8 kilometers away from the factory and have a definite reserve of 55 million tons, mainly composed of marl type (clay-marl-mara limestone.
A view of mineral harvesting from the mine of West Cement Industries Co.
Example analysis of the above minerals is as follows.
- The limestone mine is operating 5 kilometers away from the hajiabad mine, which stores 200 million tons of calcium oxide.
- Pozzolan mine located in Dehgolan village of Khan Abad, Qorveh city of Kurdistan province is located 200 km north of the west cement factory.The mine area with an area of 412.5 hectares with a definite reserve of 52 million tons and possible reserves of 96 million tons is estimated.
- The silica stone consumed by the factory is supplied from the Cozaran silica mine 90 km northwest of Kermanshah.
- Gypsum used in the factory is supplied from the province and at a distance of 150 km called ivan gypsum gypsum mine near Ilam with a storage of 25 million tons which is analyzed as follows.
- The iron ore consumed by the factory is sourced from the mine (Sarmak Malayer-Asadabad hamedan) which is located at a distance of 200-70 km from the factory.
Study area and geographical location of mine
The study area with an area of about 100 hectares, part of kermanshah map is located between 21, 34 to 22 and 34 north latitude and 17, 47 to 18 and 47 eastern lengths. This range covers a part of the Great Zagros Mountains. The city of Kermanshah with an altitude of 1410 meters above sea level is located in its west. The region has a temperate mountainous climate.
Regional Position in The Division of Structural Regions of Iran
The study area is located in the structural classification of Iran provided by Stukklin in Sanandaj-Sirjan.